
So, a couple things..
We have decided on a date to get married. Most of you know that it is August 20th. We told the family, the next day I got a call from Grandma Hauser. She was really sweet on the phone. The conversation started with her saying that she heard I was getting married, then she asked me if I had a reason for picking that date... well come to find out, August 20th is her and Grandpa Hauser's anniversary. I thought that was really special. I had considered changing the date when we decided to not go with a traditional reception hall, but after hearing her tell me that date was special I knew we chose that for a reason :)
We seem to do things a little backwards, no surprise.. never been one to be ordinary :) So we aren't engaged per say in the traditional fashion. I have a little $5 target ring I bought and wear as a sign that we are getting married but we wanted to make sure we could afford to purchase a ring completely out rather than go into more debt...maybe too much info. So when I get the ring I will let everyone know....
We have decided on a venue for the reception... here is a link... I think it has potential :) You can click on the pavilion for a tour
http://point1.us/T_UT_SandyLonePeak/LonePeakIndex.html
I have been dealing with some mouth pain for some time now (2 years). I had ignored it because I didn't have insurance or thousands of dollars to fix my mouth. Well, I couldn't wait any longer. About 8 months ago my tooth had literally crumbled away while I was sitting watching tv... not anything I did or didn't do. I think it just gave up. I started having migraines about 4 months after and high sensitivity to pain. Stephen kept saying that we would get it fixed... I didn't think much of it. I just dealt with the discomfort with over the counter meds and tried to pass the time until I could afford it or when I got insurance. After about 2 weeks straight of horribly painful migraines I broke down and went to the dentist. Took some xrays, told me the prognosis... which wasn't good... I had an abcess which looked like it had spread to 3-4 teeth, plus my original chipped tooth had a lesion in the root above the root canal. NO BUENO. I got referred to the oral surgeon.. endodontist... I went in to get checked up on. He looks at it and said it was at least 4 teeth plus completely redoing the root canal. He also said he didn't know until he could get in to see how bad it really would be. We walked out with an estimate of 5000 dollars without insurance and no relief for the pain :( Stephen and I considered our options... Thankfully through his work I could be put on his insurance. We enrolled and had coverage by the 1st of march. Thank goodness we did! I set my appointment and went in to get the teeth fixed. The endodontist actually had a lot more to do than he originally thought... I had deteriorating bone, and the abcess had spread into other teeth. He ended up cutting into my gums to clear everything out... thankfully, our portion will only be 1000 dollars out of pocket now!
Now to the best part.. so you all know how weak I am when it comes to drugs. I got done with my surgery and went to sleep... when I woke up we had decided to go to the store, just to get me out and walking. We went to look at scrubs at Wal-mart (sorry mom...). We found a really cute pair for my first day of work the next day. We were checking out and I needed to go to the bathroom... so I went over while stephen paid. I walked in and thought to myself... "wow, this is a small bathroom for a wal-mart." Did my thing, washed my hands, and walked out to stephen laughing so hard his face was red... I said "what?" All he could do was point.....
Apparently I had gone into the men's, did my thing, and was too doped up to even notice I had gone in the wrong restroom...
Definitely one for the books :)
1 comment:
oh jana!! I didn't realize how bad your teeth were! I am so glad you got on Stephen's insurance!
and the bathroom thing...too funny!
Post a Comment